Thursday, January 21, 2010

TOUR...of mi casa!

Mi cuarto- like a more homey dorm room, plenty of storage, and very cheery!






The Bathroom- Gotta love those Europeans and their bidets










The Sewing Room- Josefina is very crafty and is teaching me her ways...so long as I can understand her 

Gotta love Mary and baby J all over her house






La Cocina- which she said I am free to whenever and whatever I want to eat!

After dinner she rushes me out of the kitchen and doesn't let me help clean...then I discovered that little pantry/window in the left corner is where she sneaks her smokes after dinner...sneaky Josefina!



The Dining/Living room-





Under our table is something called a "brazero," a circular heater that goes around the base of the table. You stick your legs under the table with the blanket over you to keep warm (very conducive for after meal naps).  Central heating is not common so the apartment is usually around 55 degrees..brrrr...

We watch T.V. with EVERY meal, but not really at any other time.  That is the general consensus from other students too!

The amazing view from the balcony: La Alhombra y Sierra Nevada on the left, Sierra Nevada y Parque Lorca on the right

Yep that's right...I can see a castle out my window!


Oh ... and mountains on the other, like I'm living in a fairytale!




I made a little video tour to help make more sense of these pictures, but I'm still trying to figure out how to upload it! I will put it up ASAP!








1 comment: