Monday, January 25, 2010

Little bit more...oh dear Lord

Just when I was getting worried, Josefina appeared with two large shopping bags de Corrtero Ingles, the department store (similar) to Macy’s where she cleans.

There was no conversation about her being late, she had just bought groceries at 10 o clock at night…completely normal. She told me the food was for me.

I mentioned to her that I really like yogurt to give her an idea of what breakfast foods I would eat. Ask and you shall receive…a year’s supply of “yogur” in every flavor imaginable.

Pobrecita sra’s shoulder was aching from taking out heavy loads of trash so I asked her if I could help her with anything. Again, ask and you shall receive…she asked me to do a favor for her. I thought set the table? Help with dinner? Wrong. She asked me to help her apply a spray (for sore muscles) on her neck and shoulder. Before I could find a way out of this she began undressing! Let’s just say if this were a T.V. show I would be changing the channel because I felt SO awkward/uncomfortable for the character. Once applied, I ran out of the room to avoid seeing/spraying anything more.

The conclusion I drew from this experience…well, I guess you could say we are very comfortable with each other!

Dinner consisted of tortilla Espanola con queso (a cheese omlette) for me and Josefina had jamon y tomates along with a telenovela (soap opera).

It is getting late but senora is staying up to watch more telenovelas. Tomorrow is here day off and she plans on sleeping in. Tomorrow is our trip to “La Alhambra” so I am off to bed (yes, before a grandma!).

No comments:

Post a Comment