Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 7- That Night...la salsa!

Almost all the students went to the FREE salsa class taught by Louis…a rather short, hysterical, dancing MASTER associated with CEGRI.

When we thought free dance class, a dance studio with boys and girls taking separate sides like in a middle school dance came to mind but then we remembered… WE WERE IN SPAIN!

Dance studio?! No way! Awkward? Absolutely not! All 40 plus of us crammed into a tiny salsa bar that was already blasting music.

We learned a basic step first and then moved on with partners. With every add-on we would practice and then “cambia” partners. I learned that no matter who I was dancing with, I always want to lead!

Eventually I was partnered with Louis himself! He is a BLAST to dance with! I literally did not have to think about anything while dancing with him! One second I was stepping, another I was turning! Although I know there are some grrreat pictures out there that I’m sure will come back to haunt me…!

But I must incriminate myself just this once...

I'm sorry, but I was just born to dance :)

By the end of the lesson everyone was dancing…whether we were dancing well…that is more debatable!


Mas salsa por favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment