Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 21

Monday- 2.1.10

HOLY FEBRUARY! This cannot be!

That purest form of loathing on absolutely fridgid February mornings that make you want to go to school in your pajamas is the same across countries, especially in ones without central heating.  I am so very thankful for my robe that I wear EVERYWHERE in the apartment. Brr!


I’m not sure when I’m going to adjust to these Mondays since I will always  be traveling on the weekends, and I have class at 9.  But this is me NOT complaining…because I am in FREAKING SPAIN.

Today I had a lot on my “To do” list:

*Stay awake in class- this was a battle in Literatura since we had to watch an OLD OLD vhs tape in SPANISH about Don Quijote. 
*Meeting for Morroco- Can you say 195 E for a weekend in Africa?!
*Run/Exercise
*Make a doctor’s apt. for the recojidy eyes (pink eye)
*Arrange intercambio/culture of Spain outside assignment
*Camera Store :(
*Homework
*Blog
*Finish Budget Sheet
*Spanish Lesson- self taught!
 
What I actually accomplished:
*Stayed awake in class – accomplished by being the annoying person in class that jiggles their leg the entire class period…now I understand your kind!
*Meeting for Morocco
Details about this trip:
Friday-
*Departure to Algeciras (most southern part of Spain, long bus ride)
* Board ferry to Ceuta (an independent city of Spain physically located in Africa)
* Departure to Morrocco (Tetuan)
*Arrival to Hotel
* Dinner
* Free Time- no one is allowed to go out (bummer for SOME estudiantes…it is illegal to drink in Morocco although not for tourists because it is a predominantly Muslim country)
Saturday-
* 8:00- Breakfast
*9:00- Departure to visit the ancient Medina de Tetuan
*Shopping in Tetuan followed by a typical lunch in the Medina (1 euro=11 $$$ )
*Departure to Tanger
*Visit and discover the Panoramic tour of Tanger and Cabo Espartel (oldest lighthouse in Northern Africa)
*Arrival at hotel and dinner
*Free Time
Sunday
*7:00- Breakfast
*8:00- Departure to Chef-Chauen
*Arrival and guided tour of Chef-Chaouen
*Free time
*Lunch
*Departure for Ceuta..Alegrciras…home by midnight
             SWEET DEAL!!!!!
 
*Run/Exercise—Well I ate a DELICIOUS SALAD, and cooked cauliflower (after several more jokes by the oh-so-hilarious Josefina)…that balances non-running right?
*Make a doctor’s appointment- I’m toughing it out one more day, jidas cannot defeat me
* Arrange intercambio/culture of Spain outside assignment-  
My pelirojo friend Kevin and I will be teaching our teacher’s dentist’s family how to speak English.   
(Side note)- Josefina found this is hysterical because she thinks I’m obsessed with my teeth.
*Camera Store :(  Tomorrow…dooms day…CROSS YOUR FINGERS
*Homework … sortaish kinda started it (not due til Thursday chillax p-rents)
*Blog…working on it!
*Finish Budget Sheet…but I’m afraid…
*Spanish Lesson- self taught!  --- Does using freetranslation to figure out how to say “Broken camera lens” count?

Normally procrastinating this badly would get me in trouble, but I am finding it increasingly more difficult to worry these days.  Instead I’m remembering to eat a little more pan y queso, linger a little longer under the bracero, take a little extra time skyping with mom and dad, and know that everything works out :o)


Now, my ode to January.

Thank you January for
-Friends with a sense of direction
-Wifi in unexpected places
-People with kind hearts and sincere dispositions
-Patience
-Lunabars
-Making new friends
-Braceros and robes
-Good eats that aren’t meats
-Blogging
-Cannon Powershot
-Hidden notes
-Advice
-Chocolate fox cereal
-Big jars of miel (honey)
-Running buddies
-Spontaneity
-Siestas (and napping)
-Friends who are planners
-Tubes that break
-Quick adjustments
-Everything beyond my balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment